Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Walk

On monday 3/15 I was definitely done being pregnant, I was scheduled for my nonstress test the next day and an appointment to discuss induction and I really didn't want to be induced. So, when Jack got home from work and the gym we decided to try walking AGAIN! As we walked down the street we passed our neighbor who looked at me and said "Do you really think you should be walking in your condition" (he is an older man, and always referred to my pregnancy as a 'condition'). Jack and I both snickered and said I was fine. Well, about 20 minutes later we were walking, I was waddling back past their house after my water broke on our walk!
My water broke about 5pm and contractions started right away. We were at the hospital about 6:30pm and I was dilated to 3 and ready to meet our little one. After a fairly smooth labor Grace Melody entered the world at 12:20pm on tuesday 3/16 at a healthy 10 lbs 5 oz! We were a little surprised at her size as the doctors kept telling me that I was having an average sized baby and not to worry that s/he would be big. I felt like I was carrying so much baby and was so uncomfortable the last 2 weeks, I thought for sure this baby had to be big. It was the most amazing moment of my life when she emerged and was laid on my chest. Jack and I were amazed at how much we loved her right away!



Right before the pushing, we are ready!


"It's a little girl!"




Our first family photo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home